Windows 10/11 will records file browsing history, how should we clear this history to protect privacy.
Here is how to clear file browsing history:
- Press WIN + R to open command line window
- Type “recent” to open file reading history folder (a normal folder with shortcuts to browse files)
- Empty this folder.
The following is the method to disable file browsing history function:
- Press WIN+I to open the “settings” window.
- Go to “Privacy & security” – “Activity history”.
- Set “Store my activity history on this device” and “Send my activity history to Microsoft” to Disable.
Now you have mastered the method of cleaning up file browsing history and disabling Activity history feature.